DTSC News Feed is a weekly email that pulls together short updates and internet links to keep you informed about the latest accomplishments and news highlights at the California Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC).
June 27, 2013
- The Department of Toxic Substance Control is developing and implementing work plans to strengthen its foundation and provide a higher level of service to California. See the plans that Director Debbie Raphael and her staff have developed. See a video of Director Raphael’s address to members of her executive team.
June 20, 2013
- DTSC helps create cozy new neighborhood in Silicon Valley.
- DTSC’s newest criminal investigator will work out of the Department’s Cypress office.
- DTSC’s new regulations for the collection and recycling of used thermostats, containing toxic mercury, go into effect July 1, 2013.
- Video: A look back at DTSC’s Cleanup of toxic dry cleaning solvents.
June 6, 2013
- DTSC Director Debbie Raphael and El Centro Branch Chief Roger Vintze took a field trip to the Salton Sea.
- Businesses illegally selling lead-tainted jewelry are busted by DTSC and will pay $115,000.
- A ceremony marked the last transfer of property at the former Mather Air Force Base to Sacramento County, which will be home to more than 60 businesses employing at least 7,000 people. DTSC helped get the property cleaned up.
- A DTSC scientist is in demand as a classroom trainer. Diana Peebler gets callbacks from the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center.
If you would like to receive DTSC News Feed, a weekly email that pulls together short updates and internet links to keep you informed about the latest accomplishments and news highlights at the State Department of Toxic Substances Control, please subscribe here.