Latest News on Exide
- August 21, 2015, News Release: DTSC Announces Funding for Initial Cleanup and Further Testing in the Expanded Area Around the Exide Facility
- August 20, 2015, Advisory Group meeting information
- July 29, 2015, Exide Clarification
- July 28, 2015, Exide submitted a Revised Closure Plan to address DTSC's Notice of Deficiency.
- July 17, 2015, DTSC July 2015 Community Update - Spanish
- July 14 ,2015 DTSC issued an Approval of a Revised Shipment Plan for removing hazardous waste from the Blast Furnace Feed Room.
- July 14 ,2015 DTSC issued an Approval of Request for Additional Extension to submit a revised Closure Plan.
- July 09, 2015, Exide Advisory Group Meeting will be held on July 23, 2015.
- June 29, 2015, DTSC closed the public comment period and collected Public Comments for the Notice of Preparation of an Environmental Impact Report for Closure of the Exide facility.
- June 17, 2015, DTSC issued a Notice of Deficiency for Exide's proposed Closure Plan.
- June 9, 2015, Community Meetings Planned for June 2015: Community Update - Community Update (Spanish)
Residential Cleanup Progress
Ponga el ratón sobre la imagen para verla en español
Mouse over the image to view it in Spanish
September 16, 2014 Update
March 21, 2014 Update
On March 21, 2014, DTSC received documents entitled: Response to March 10, 2014 Comments, Off-Site Soil Sampling Report; Addendum to the November 15, 2013 Work Plan for Off-Site Soil Sampling; and Interim Measures Work Plan from Exide Technologies in response to DTSC’s order of March 10, 2014 to submit workplans to address lead in soils in neighborhoods in the Boyle Heights area and the City of Maywood located near the Exide facility in Vernon. DTSC ordered the work plans after soil samples performed by an Exide contractor found lead in 39 residential yards in those neighborhoods. DTSC will review the workplans and will post its written response on the web site when its review is completed.