Using myRCRAid


NEW! U.S. EPA now has an online tool called the RCRAInfo Industry Application, or myRCRAid module, to help you get and update your site’s permanent federal EPA ID number. DTSC highly encourages you to submit your RCRA Subtitle C Identification (AKA Form 8700-12) through the myRCRAid module.

Why use myRCRAid?

  1. Cuts processing time in half! It generally takes 5-7 working days!
  2. When updating information on your federal EPA ID number, you only need to enter the changes and not the entire form.
  3. No more lost mail!
  4. No more paper!
  5. Did we say it cuts the processing time in half?

NOTICE: You MUST send in a paper EPA Form 8700-12 for the following: 

  • Provisional/short-term federal EPA ID numbers; and
  • To request or update a federal EPA ID number for transporter.


DTSC has provided step-by-step instructions for filling out your form. We strongly suggest you open or print these files when using myRCRAid, especially the first time:

To use myRCRAid, you must create an account first. Here are the steps to create your account:

  1. If you are an owner or operator of a site go to the U.S. EPA's RCRAInfo login page.

  2. If you don't already have an account, select "Industry User."

  3. Create a new account, filling in the appropriate information.

  4. Create a user ID and password; you will be asked to submit three (3) answers to personal verification questions.

  5. You must agree to the Terms and Conditions to continue to the next screen.

  6. Enter your organization's information including your work information. Click on "Send Verification Code."

  7. You will receive an email with the code; enter the code in RCRAInfo. Click on "Register."

  8. Logout. This completes your registration.

Once you have your account, log back in using your user name and password.

  1. You can now request a new federal EPA ID number or request permission to update existing federal EPA ID number(s). Please note: You cannot request or update a provisional (temporary) or a transporter federal EPA ID number.

  2. You will request permissions for your site; when the request is sent, DTSC will approve or deny your request.  Please note:  Only select Site Manager if you will grant others at your site permission to view, prepare, or certify data.  If you would like to be able to view, prepare, and certify data, select Certifier.

  3. You can choose to verify your signature electronically or by sending in a paper form.

  4. Once your signature is verified by either method, you can fill in the 8700-12 form online and it will automatically be sent to DTSC.

  5. DTSC will review your submittal and if there are any omissions or questions, DTSC staff will email you.

  6. When your submission is approved, you will receive an email from the RCRAInfo team.

Do you need assistance with myRCRAid? Please contact DTSC via email at

Do You Still Want to Send in a Paper Version?

If you do not wish to use myRCRAid, the paper form is still available for download.

The form includes instructions. Original signatures (also called "wet" signatures) are required on the US EPA Form 8700-12. Photocopies are not accepted. Please send the Form 8700-12 to:

California Department of Toxic Substances Control
Attn: RCRA Notifications
P.O. Box 806
Sacramento, CA 95812-0806

If you send in the paper version, it generally takes 10-15 WORKING DAYS from the date we verify your US EPA Form 8700-12 is complete for you to be issued an EPA ID number or for your EPA ID number to be updated.