DTSC Reaches $825,000 Settlement with Pittsburg Steel Plant for Unauthorized Hazardous Waste Management
The Department of Toxic Substances Control today announced that USS-POSCO Industries (UPI), based in Pittsburg, California, will pay an $825,000 penalty for mismanaging hazardous waste and illegally storing lead dust in a dilapidated building.
The California Department of Toxic Substances Control today announced an agreement with Bay Area appliance recycler Freon Free, which will pay a penalty of $145,760 for its mishandling and incineration of hazardous waste.
The Department of Toxic Substances Control today announced the final cleanup plan for a contaminated site in Richmond, along the San Francisco Bay shoreline, formerly owned by the chemical company Zeneca Inc. The cleanup will allow redevelopment of the site in a manner that protects public health and the environment.
Go to our Newsroom for all news releases.
Go to our Announcements page for more listings.
CalEPA Boards, Departments and Office
- California Environmental Protection Agency (CalEPA)
- California Air Resources Board (ARB)
- Department of Pesticide Regulation (DPR)
- Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle)
- Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC)
- Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA)
- State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB)
- Accessing Public Records
- Certified Unified Program Agencies (CUPA)
- DTSC Database Applications
- Electronic Hazardous Waste (E-Waste)
- Exide Technologies
- Hazardous Waste Manifest Information
- Hazardous Waste Tracking System
- Human Health Risk
- Kettleman Hills Landfill
- Metal Shredding
- Office of Civil Rights
- Permitted Hazardous Waste Facilities
- Reactivate an ID Number
- Report an Environmental Concern
- Reports Mandated by the Legislature
- Santa Susana Field Laboratory
- SB 673 Permit Criteria for Community Protection
- Using myRCRAid