Meredith Williams, Acting Director
FOR PLANNING PURPOSES
February 13, 2019
News Conference Regarding Proposal to Make Nail Products Safer
SACRAMENTO – The California Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) will hold a news conference on Friday, Feb. 15, 2019, to discuss a new proposal to regulate a toxic chemical found in many nail products. The proposed regulation seeks to protect the health of nail salon workers and their customers by requiring manufacturers to look for safer alternatives if they want to continue selling these products in California.
- Jared Blumenfeld, Secretary, California Environmental Protection Agency
- Meredith Williams, Acting Director, California Department of Toxic Substances Control
- Julia Liou, Chief Deputy of Administration, Asian Health Services
- Catherine Porter, Policy Director, California Healthy Nail Salon Collaborative
- Van Nguyen, owner, New York Nail
10:30 a.m., Friday, Feb.15, 2019
New York Nail, 3483 Mission St., San Francisco, CA 94110
Please RSVP: Accredited members of the media who plan to attend should email and RSVP to Sanford.Nax@dtsc.ca.gov to reserve space.
# # #
FOR GENERAL INQUIRIES: Contact the Department of Toxic Substances Control by phone at (800) 728-6942 or visit www.dtsc.ca.gov. To report illegal handling, discharge, or disposal of hazardous waste, call the Waste Alert Hotline at (800) 698-6942.
The mission of DTSC is to protect California’s people and environment from harmful effects of toxic substances by restoring contaminated properties, enforcing hazardous waste law, reducing hazardous waste generation, and encouraging the manufacture of chemically safer products.