Meredith Williams, Director
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 4, 2021
DTSC to hold first quarterly public meeting of 2021
SACRAMENTO – The California Department of Toxic Substances Control will hold its first quarterly public meeting of 2021 via Zoom webinar from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 18. Please let your readers and followers know about this opportunity to learn more about DTSC.
Topics to be discussed at this meeting are:
- DTSC 2020-2024 Roadmap: Strategic Plan
- Meeting our Mission During COVID-19;
- Background on Proposed Reforms for DTSC: Workload Analyses and Budget
This quarterly public forum provides an opportunity for the public to learn more about DTSC’s programs and activities and to share questions and perspectives with DTSC leadership.
- Meredith Williams, Director, California Department of Toxic Substances Control
- Francesca Negri, Chief Deputy Director, Department of Toxic Substances Control
- Grant Cope, Site Mitigation and Restoration Program Deputy Director
- RizgarGhazi, Hazardous Waste Management Program Deputy Director
- Ana Mascareñas, Environmental Equity Deputy Director and Tribal Liaison
- Karl Palmer, Safer Consumer Products Program Deputy Director
- Allison Wescott, Office of Communications Deputy Director
When: 5:30-7:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 18, 2021
Where: Zoom webinar
How to register:
# # #
FOR GENERAL INQUIRIES: Contact the Department of Toxic Substances Control by phone at (800) 728-6942 or visit www.dtsc.ca.gov. To report illegal handling, discharge, or disposal of hazardous waste, call the Waste Alert Hotline at (800) 698-6942.
The mission of DTSC is to protect California’s people and environment from harmful effects of toxic substances by restoring contaminated properties, enforcing hazardous waste law, reducing hazardous waste generation, and encouraging the manufacture of chemically safer products.