The United States Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA) and the Department of Toxic Substances Control have a common mission to protect human health and the environment. This mission is carried out by enforcing strict management standards for hazardous waste activities and gathering information about the generation, transportation and final disposition of hazardous waste in the state.
The federal and State hazardous waste regulations require certain Resource Conservation Recovery Act (RCRA) hazardous waste generators, as well as facilities that treat, store or dispose of RCRA and/or State hazardous waste to report their hazardous waste activities. The information collected will:
- Provide verification of the “cradle-to-grave” disposition of hazardous wastes,
- Provide the U.S. EPA and California with a view of current hazardous waste generation and waste management in the United States,
- Show trends and changes in waste management and quantity when compared to previous years’ reports, and
- Provide to the public hazardous waste generation information through publication of the National Biennial RCRA Hazardous Waste Report.
No fees are required for completing this report, however failure to comply with federal and State regulations regarding Annual/Biennial Reports may result in fines and penalties.
Annual Facility Report
Click Here. All California Treatment, Storage, and/or Disposal Facilities (except for State-Waste-Only) must file an Annual Facility Report using the RCRAInfo System’s Biennial Report Module. State-Waste-Only facilities may file using the Waste Reporting System (WRS).
Biennial Hazardous Waste Report
All California Large Quantity Generators of RCRA hazardous waste must file a Biennial (every other year) Report using the RCRAInfo System’s Biennial Report Module.
Annual/Biennial Report Links
Hazardous Waste Links
- Hazardous Waste Home
- Certified Appliance Recycler (CAR) Program
- Electronic Waste (E-Waste)
- Facilities (TSDFs)
- Hazardous Waste ID Numbers
- Hazardous Waste Manifests
- Hazardous Waste Tracking System
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Land Use Restriction Sites
- Metal Recycling
- Universal Waste
- Form 1358
- California Hazardous Waste Codes
Hazardous Waste Related Links
- Annual/Biennial Reports
- Emergency Response Program
- Export-Import Standards
- Fact Sheets & Publications
- Find a Registered Hazardous Waste Transporter
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Hazardous Waste Policies & Procedures
- Hazardous Waste Project Documents
- Kettleman Hills Landfill
- Office of Criminal Investigations
- Regulatory Assistance Office
- Report an Environmental Concern
- Retail Waste