DTSC’s Draft Strategic Plan for 2019-2023
The California Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) is finalizing our Strategic Plan for 2019-2023 (Full Version) / (Summary), which will guide our work to serve the public over the next four years.
The plan was provided to the public on June 20, 2019. DTSC requested public input by August 2, 2019. In addition, DTSC held two webinars for the public on June 24 and three workshops throughout the state in July. See more information and materials from the webinars below.
July 2019 Workshops
DTSC held interactive in-person workshops throughout July 2019 in Richmond, Bakersfield, and Commerce. Participants were provided with Summarized Goal Packets (English and Español) that helped guide them through the workshop discussion. The presentation slides are available in both English and Español.
Below are some photos from the workshops.
Strategic Plan Workshops in California: (left to right) first row: Richmond, Bakersfield
second row: Commerce.
June 24, 2019 Webinars
The first webinar was held from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. and the second from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. The same materials were used for both webinars. You can view the presentation slides and hear the audio recording of the webinars by clicking on the links below:
What is DTSC’s Draft Strategic Plan?
DTSC’s Draft Strategic Plan for 2019-2023 is a roadmap to a more effective Department, prioritizing our activities and aligning our resources. It outlines our values, vision, mission, and goals in protecting the people and environment of California. This plan has been shaped by internal and external stakeholders over the past two years.
There are five goals that make up the plan:
- Strong Partnerships to collaborate with all stakeholders.
- Environmental Justice to prevent harm and protect the most vulnerable.
- High Performing Programs and Services to deliver our mission effectively and on time.
- Organizational Health to be inclusive, productive, and accountable.
- Fiscal Stewardship to use transparent fiscal practices and secure reliable funding.
Why Provide Input on DTSC’s Draft Strategic Plan?
Our plan will be strengthened by continuing to incorporate input from the public we serve. We invited feedback from all stakeholders, including communities, tribes, regulated businesses, and government agencies. During the webinars and workshops, we:
- Reconnected with our stakeholders who helped shape the plan
- Answered your questions and listened to your feedback
- Set the stage for sharing our progress in meeting the plan’s goals and objectives
How Can I Provide Input and What Should I Expect Next?
Inputs were accepted through August 2, 2019. We will identify themes and develop summary responses. These responses will describe how comments are being incorporated into the final plan and will also be provided on our website.