1. Access to the Service
Access to the DTSC Wireless Internet Service (Service) is conditioned on legal and appropriate use of the Service. Use of the Service and any activities conducted online through the Service shall not violate any applicable law or regulation. This Wireless Internet Service is a free service provided by DTSC solely to those employees of DTSC and visitors who register with the Service. Access to the Service is completely at the discretion of DTSC, and access to the Service may be blocked, suspended, or terminated at any time, with or without notice, and for any reason. DTSC may revise this Agreement at any time. The user must accept this Agreement each time the Service is accessed and it is the user’s responsibility to review it for any changes each time. Users accessing the Service must be at least 18 years old to be eligible to use the Service. By accepting this Agreement, the user represents that he or she is at least 18. By accepting the Agreement and accessing the Service, the user further acknowledges that he or she has read and understood, and agrees to be bound by this Agreement and these terms. If a user does not agree to the terms of this Agreement, he or she shall not be able to access the Service.
2. Right to Monitor Use and Filter Content
DTSC may monitor usage of its Internet Service at any time, with or without notification, including the monitoring of any e-mail communication sent or received using the Service. Non-encrypted e-mail communications sent or received using the Service are therefore NOT confidential. DTSC, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to limit users’ access to the Service. Such access limitations include, but are not limited to: time, bandwidth, data usage, access hours, ports, applications, etc. In the event DTSC uncovers any violation of this policy or of state or federal law, DTSC reserves the right to limit or terminate a user’s access to the Service and/or to notify the proper authorities. DTSC may or may not implement filters (blocking software) for users of the Service. DTSC can not be held responsible for the accessing of objectionable material and DTSC will have no liability for damages related to the operation of the Service by users.
3. Warranty and Security Disclaimer
The Service is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied. The user assumes all responsibility and risk for use of the Service. DTSC does not warrant that the information, products, processes and/or services available through the Service will be uninterrupted, available, complete, useful, functional, or error free. DTSC will not provide support for user connectivity issues or user computer issues of any type relating to the Service. The Service is not secure and privacy can not be protected. You acknowledge that you understand that wireless communications can be intercepted by equipment and software designed for that purpose. Any information being sent or received could potentially be intercepted by another wireless user. You are responsible for paying any charges that you incur from third parties through your use of the Service, and your personal information may be available to third parties that you access through the Service. Wireless users assume all risks if they transmit sensitive personal information (credit card numbers, passwords, etc.) while using the Service.
4. Acceptable Use of the Service
The use of DTSC Wireless Internet Service for the following activities is prohibited:
- Transmitting any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that, intentionally or unintentionally, violates any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any rules or regulations.
- Sending of unsolicited bulk and/or commercial messages over the Internet using the Service.
- Engaging in any activity that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of others, including, but not limited to, patents, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, or any other proprietary right of any third party.
- Using the Service to advertise, solicit, transmit, store, post, display, or otherwise make available obscene or indecent images or other materials. DTSC will notify and fully cooperate with law enforcement if it becomes aware of any use of the Service in any connection with child pornography or the solicitation of sex with minors.
- Using the Service in violation of applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Using the Service to transmit, post, upload, or otherwise making available defamatory, harassing, abusive, or threatening material or language that encourages bodily harm, destruction of property or harasses another.
- Accessing illegally or without authorization computers, accounts, equipment or networks belonging to another party, or attempting to penetrate security measures of another system. This includes any activity that may be used as a precursor to an attempted system penetration.
- Using the Service to collect, or attempt to
collect, personal information about third parties without their
knowledge or consent.
- Adding, removing or modifying identifying network, message, or article header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited.
- Distributing information regarding the creation of and sending Internet viruses, worms, Trojan Horses, pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, or denial of service attacks or like matters. Also, activities that disrupt the use of or interfere with the ability of others to effectively use the Node or any connected network, system, service, or equipment.
- Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software product, product, or service that is designed to violate this Agreement, which includes the facilitation of the means to spam, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, denial of service attacks, and piracy of software.
- Reproduction, retransmission, dissemination or resale of the Service, whether for profit or not.
- You may not share your IP address or ISP internet connection with anyone, or access the Service simultaneously through multiple units, or authorize any other individual or entity to use the Service.
User agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless DTSC, its employees, and the State of California from and against any and all claims, liabilities, penalties, settlements, judgments, costs, fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising from (i) any content that user or anyone accessing user’s account may submit, post or transmit;(ii) user’s use of the Service;(iii) user’s violation of this Agreement;and (iv) any violation or failure by user to comply with all applicable laws and regulations in connection with the use of the Service.