Public Participation Policies & Procedures
Public Participation Manual
The Public Participation policy and procedures manual is based on state and federal statutes and regulations, and sets DTSC policy for public participation. This manual is designed to address the public participation components of the site mitigation and hazardous waste management processes and ensure compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
Click here for the complete Public Participation Manual, or select from the chapters and sections below.
- Chapter 1: How to Use this Manual
- Chapter 2: Overview of the Public Participation Program
- Chapter 3: Site Mitigation Process
- Chapter 4: Hazardous Waste Management Processes
- Chapter 5: Public Participation During CEQA
- Chapter 6: Public Participation Tasks and Techniques
- The Public’s Role in Environmental Decisions
- DTSC’s Environmental Justice Program
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Public Participation Guide