Green Ribbon Science Panel Meeting, April 9-10, 2014
Green Ribbon Science Panel
Priority Product Selection Process and Alternatives Analysis Process
1001 I Street, Sierra Hearing Room, 2nd Floor, Sacramento, CA
April 9, 2014, 9:00AM to 5:00PM
Welcome and Opening Remarks
Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) staff and Green Ribbon Science Panel (GRSP or Panel) Co-Chairs will welcome Panel members and members of the public.
Panel and Staff Introductions
Panel Co-Chair will briefly review today’s agenda and set the context for the meeting.
DTSC will provide Safer Consumer Products Program updates regarding the Priority Products 3-Year Work Plan and the product selection process.
- Presentation: Safer Consumer Products Regulations Program Update regarding Priority Products (PDF, 542 kB)
The public may offer comments to the Panel on the Priority Products 3-Year Work Plan and the priority product selection process.
Priority Product Discussion
The panel will discuss the product selection process and identify considerations for the future priority product selection process.
- Presentation: Priority Products Topics (PDF, 50 kB)
DTSC will brief panel members on its efforts to develop Alternatives Analysis Guidance. Staff will provide context to the Panel for discussions on Alternatives Analysis.
- Presentation: Alternatives Analysis Guidance Development Update (PDF, 489 kB)
The public may offer comments to the GRSP on Alternatives Analysis.
Alternatives Analysis Guide Discussion
Panel members will discuss, and identify methods to address gaps, in DTSC’s initial development of the Alternatives Analysis process.
- Simplified View of Relevant Factors (Draft) (PDF, 108 kB)
- Chlorinated Isocyanurates Conceptual Models (PDF, 188 kB)
- Mahler PAHs Conceptual Model (PDF, 469 kB)
- Alternatives Analysis Frameworks (PDF, 195 kB)
- Frameworks Comparison (PDF, 19 kB)
- Relevant Factors/Conceptual Model (PDF, 283 kB)
- Draft A-M Matrix w/Thresholds (PDF, 68 kB)
- Plastic Scorecard Framework (PDF, 75 kB)
- Current Landscape of Alternatives Assessment Practice (PDF, 684 kB)
- Key Issues in Alternatives Analysis Guidance (PDF, 53 kB)
- Safer Consumer Products Relevant Regulatory Factors (PDF, 24 kB)
April 10, 2014, 9:00AM to 12:00PM
Welcome, Opening Remarks and Agenda Review
DTSC will welcome the GRSP and provide opening remarks for the meeting. Panel Co-Chair will briefly review today’s agenda topics (continued from April 9, 2014) and set the context for the meeting.
The public may offer comments to the GRSP on the discussion topics carried over from April 9, 2014.
Continue Alternatives Analysis Discussion
DTSC will lead a short discussion on the next steps for the GRSP.