Green Ribbon Science Panel Meeting, January 29, 2014
Green Ribbon Science Panel
Reconvened GRSP. Panel Kickoff and Orientation, January 2014
Webinar Locations: Sacramento, CA • Richmond, CA • Los Angeles, CA • Lacey, WA
Mason, OH • Dallas, TX • Lowell, MA • Washington, DC
January 29, 2014, 10:00AM to 2:00PM
Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) staff and Green Ribbon Science Panel (GRSP or Panel) Co-Chairs will welcome Panel members and members of the public.
Panel and Staff Roll Call
Panel Co-Chair will briefly review today’s agenda and set the context for the GRSP briefing meeting.
Green Ribbon Science Panel Reference Documents
DTSC staff will briefly review the informational documents provided to the Panel members for use as reference materials during their term on the Panel.
- Background Document Introduction (PDF, 109 kB)
- Document 1: Green Ribbon Science Panel Operational Guidelines (PDF, 109 kB)
- Document 2: Safer Consumer Products Updated Informative Digest (PDF, 214 kB)
- Document 3: Outline Format: Safer Consumer Products Regulations Text (PDF, 460 kB)
- Document 4: Graphic Flowchart of the Safer Consumer Products Regulations (PDF, 407 kB)
- Document 5: Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act – California Government Code (PDF, 116 kB)
- Document 6: A Handy Guide to the Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act 2004 (PDF, 153 kB)
- Document 7: Authorizing Statute for the Green Ribbon Science Panel (PDF, 179 kB)
- Document 8: Original Format: Safer Consumer Products Regulations Text (PDF, 182 kB)
- Document 9: Final Statement of Reasons – Safer Consumer Products (PDF, 2.1 MB)
- Document 10: Addendum Final Statement of Reasons – Safer Consumer Product Regulations (PDF, 143 kB)
Members of the public may offer comments to the Panel on agenda items.
Bagley Keene Open Meeting Act
Panel meetings are subject to the Bagley Keen Open Meeting Act. DTSC staff will provide an overview of pertinent requirements for Panel discussion.
- Presentation by Greg Lyall: Bagley Keene Open Meeting Act (PDF, 421 kB)
Safer Consumer Products Program Overview
DTSC staff will provide an introduction to the Safer Consumer Products Program organization and implementation status for Panel discussion.
- Presentation by Karl Palmer: Safer Consumer Products Program Overview (PDF, 505 kB)
Green Ribbon Science Panel Overview
DTSC staff will introduce the Terms of Reference for the Panel members to clarify the goals and operational aspects of the Panel. Panel discussion will follow.
Safer Consumer Products Program Regulations
DTSC staff will provide information on the requirements of the Safer Consumer Products regulations for Panel discussion.
- Presentation by Lynn Goldman: Safer Consumer Products Regulations (PDF, 2.6 MB)