Green Ribbon Science Panel Meeting, September 9, 2010
The Green Ribbon Science Panel (GRSP) met on Thursday September 9, 2010, in Sacramento, California, to discuss alternatives analysis. See description below.
Alternatives Analyses – AB 1879 (Feuer, Chapter 559, Statutes of 2008) mandates that: 1) a regulatory process be established for identifying and prioritizing chemicals of concern in consumer products and, 2) the State create a methodology for analyzing alternatives to existing hazardous chemicals. DTSC seeks input from the GRSP on the state of the art in the field of alternatives analyses in general, and as related to the draft regulations for safer alternatives. View the Meeting Notice and Agenda.
- September 9, 2010 Transcript (PDF, 345 kB)
- Chemical Alternatives Analysis: Methods, Models, and Tools (Revised Final Report) – Contains background material discussed at the meeting (PDF, 2.5 MB)
- DTSC Questions for Discussion (PDF, 13 kB)
- Comments Submitted by Rich Liroff (PDF, 16 kB)
- A Review of Chemical Alternatives Analysis (PDF, 558 kB)