Legislative Mandates Reports and Legislative Summary Reports
The Office of Legislation coordinates DTSC’s action on all legislative matters and recommends appropriate action regarding legislative issues. This includes reviewing, analyzing, and monitoring proposed legislation that may impact DTSC; coordinating the development of DTSC-sponsored legislative proposals; representing DTSC before legislative committees; acting as a liaison to legislators, their staff, and outside advocates; and working with executive staff, legislative staff, and interest groups to develop strategies to pass or defeat bills. The Office of Legislation tracks around 200 bills each legislative session.
The Legislative Summary Report identifies and summarizes all legislation considered by the California State Legislature during a legislative session that directly or indirectly affects DTSC’s mission and programs.
- Legislative Summary Report 2019
- Legislative Mandates Report 2019
- Legislative Summary Report 2018
- Legislative Mandates Report 2018
Please direct all inquiries regarding this report to:
Office of Legislation 1001 I Street, P.O. Box 806
Sacramento, California 95812-0806
Access reports prior to 2018 from our Archive page.
State and Federal Laws Links
- DTSC Laws
- Official California Legislative Information
- DTSC Legislative Summaries
- CA Code Excerpts / Health and Safety Codes
- Official CCR, Title 22, Division 4.5
- Governor's Reorganization Plan 1 of 1991 (uncodified)
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
- U.S. EPA List of Major Environmental Laws
- Electronic Code of Federal Regulations