Make A Payment

Pay by Check or Money Order

Mail your check or money order:

  1. Include a copy of your invoice or remittance advice.
  2. Make it payable to the Department of Toxic Substances Control.
  3. Write the project, facility, invoice number, EPA ID, or other reference as applicable on your payment to ensure payment is accurately applied.
  4. Mail to:
    Department of Toxic Substances Control
    Accounting Office
    PO Box 806
    Sacramento, CA  95812-0806
  5. Mail FedEx and UPS deliveries to 1001 I Street, 21st Floor, Sacramento, CA  95814.

Pay by Credit Card

You may use your Discover, MasterCard, Visa, or American Express Card. We do not charge a convenience fee.

Have your project, facility, invoice number, EPA ID, or other reference as applicable, along with your payment amount, credit card number, Card Code Verification (CCV), and credit card expiration date on hand when you are ready to make your payment.

DTSC recommends you use the latest version of the following web browsers: Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Safari. If you are experiencing issues while using a browser’s latest version, try a different browser listed above. A payment confirmation email will be sent to the email provided if the payment transaction was successful.

If the credit card transaction is later reversed, you may be subject to late payment interest or suspension of your account. If you overpay, we will issue you a refund by check.

I would like to make a payment for:

Pay by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT/ACH)

Please contact to request EFT instructions.

Other Information

  • Please contact if you have questions or need further assistance.
  • Need IRS W-9 form, please email request to
  • Inactive EPA ID Number, after payment please visit for additional information or contact with ID Number in subject line for assistance.
  • The Department of Toxic Substances Control does not accept cash as a method of payment. You may contact us if our “No-Cash Policy” would create an undue hardship; exact change will be required to complete any cash transaction if an exception is granted.