Hazardous Waste Permanent State EPA ID Numbers
Hazardous waste permanent State EPA ID numbers are issued to people and businesses who generate the following:
- Less than 100 kg (27 gallons or 220 lbs) of RCRA hazardous waste per month
- Less than 1 kg of RCRA acutely hazardous waste per month
- Any amount of a non-RCRA hazardous waste per month
California-only waste is commonly known as non-RCRA waste. Examples of non-RCRA hazardous waste are used oil or universal waste. Examples of universal waste are fluorescent lamps, batteries, and mercury waste. Go to DTSC’s page on universal waste for more information. State EPA ID numbers are owner and site specific. When the legal business owner and/or site location changes, a new State EPA ID number must be obtained.
How Do I Apply for a Permanent State EPA ID Number?
To apply for a permanent State EPA ID number complete and submit the DTSC Form 1358 – Permanent State ID Number Application. There are no fees associated with obtaining a permanent State EPA ID number.
Hazardous Waste Links
Hazardous Waste Related Links
- Emergency Response Program
- Export-Import Standards
- Fact Sheets & Publications
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Hazardous Waste Policies & Procedures
- Hazardous Waste Project Documents
- Kettleman Hills Landfill
- Office of Criminal Investigations
- Regulatory Assistance Office
- Report an Environmental Concern
- Find a Registered Hazardous Waste Transporter