DTSC’s hazardous waste regulations are located in the official version of the California Code of Regulations (CCR) at Title 22 Social Security, Division 4.5, Environmental Health Standards for the Management of Hazardous Waste. The CCR is maintained by Thomson Reuters (link opens new tab) under contract with the Office of Administrative Law (link opens new tab) and is updated weekly.
- Go to our How to Be Involved in the Rulemaking Process page for detailed information.
- Subscribe to an e-list for all regulations or for a specific topic.
- View the 2020 DTSC Rulemaking Calendar and DTSC Memo to OAL to OAL to see DTSC’s anticipated rulemaking activities. Government Code section 11017.6 requires each state agency to publish a rulemaking calendar by January 30th each year. Items and schedules listed on the calendar are subject to change.
- View the California Regulatory Notice Register (link opens new tab), which announces all regulatory actions. This publication is maintained by the Office of Administrative Law.
Use the links below (and also found on the right in the “Laws & Regulations Links” panel) to view the various regulations in process or that have been finalized:
- DTSC Regulations Under Development
Regulations under Development pages contain preliminary language, workshop information, or other documents that may be of interest to the public and regulated community.
- DTSC Proposed Regulations
Shows all the proposed regulations and the accompanying public comment period, or those regulations pending a decision from the OAL.
- DTSC Emergency Regulations
DTSC adopts emergency regulations there is an immediate need for a regulation to protect the public health and safety or the general welfare.
- DTSC Final Regulations
DTSC maintains files of all adopted regulations from 1978 to present available to the public upon request.
State and Federal Laws Links
- DTSC Laws
- Official California Legislative Information
- DTSC Legislative Summaries
- CA Code Excerpts / Health and Safety Codes
- Official CCR, Title 22, Division 4.5
- Governor's Reorganization Plan 1 of 1991 (uncodified)
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
- U.S. EPA List of Major Environmental Laws
- Electronic Code of Federal Regulations