If you are a responsible entity (which means any of the following: manufacturer, importer, assembler, or retailer), you will need to implement a Regulatory Response if:
- You have completed an Alternatives Analysis for a Priority Product and decide to keep a Priority Product on the market in California.
- You have selected an alternative product to replace the Priority Product.
- You need additional time to either develop or implement an alternative product. In this case, an interim Regulatory Response will be imposed.
Below are the possible Regulatory Responses:
- Supplemental AA Report Information and Regulatory Response Revisions;
- Product Information for Consumers;
- Use Restrictions;
- Product Sales Prohibition;
- Engineering or Administrative Controls;
- End-of-Life Product Management Program;
- Advancement of Green Chemistry and Green Engineering; or
- No Regulatory Response.
The department cannot issue responses 5, 6, or 7 to retailers, assemblers, or importers. Those may only be imposed on manufacturers.
Read the Regulations
The Safer Consumer Product regulations provide details regarding Regulatory Response. See Division 4.5, Title 22, Chapter 55, Article 6. Regulatory Responses.