Priority Product Work Plan
Final 2018-2020 Priority Product Work Plan
DTSC is pleased to announce that the Final 2018-2020 Priority Product Work Plan is now available. DTSC must issue a Work Plan every three years that identifies the product categories DTSC will evaluate during that three-year period to identify Priority Products. The Work Plan provides a general explanation of DTSC’s decision to select the product categories identified in the Work Plan.
To view the Final 2018-2020 Priority Product Work Plan click Here.
DTSC held a written comment period for the public to comment from February 12, 2018 until March 9, 2018. Comments regarding the Draft Work Plan can be reviewed on the CalSAFER site.
DTSC held a public workshop regarding the Draft Work Plan on February 26, 2018. The workshop was held in Sacramento, California and was open to the public. The purpose of the workshop was to provide the public with an opportunity to comment on the Work Plan.
Below are downloads related to this workshop:
- Beauty, Personal Care, and Hygiene Products
- Cleaning Products
- Household, School, and Workplace Furnishings and Décor
- Building Products and Materials Used in Construction and Renovation
- Consumable Office, School, and Business Supplies
- Food Packaging
- Lead-Acid Batteries
- To protect children from exposures to harmful chemicals from consumer products, especially carcinogens, mutagens, reproductive toxicants, neurotoxicants, developmental toxicants, and endocrine disruptors.
- To protect workers from exposures to harmful chemicals from consumer products.
- To protect California's valuable and limited water resources and aquatic ecosystems from consumer product-derived chemical contamination.
- To protect Californians from exposure to harmful chemicals from consumer products that may be found in the indoor environment.
- To protect Californians from chemicals that migrate into food from food packaging.