November 15, 2016 Webinar Help DTSC Research Potential Priority Products
On November 15, 2016, a webinar was presented that provided an overview of DTSC’s progress towards Priority Product selection and outlined opportunities for input on three topics:
- Potential Aquatic Impacts and Continued Uses of Nonylphenol Ethoxylates and Triclosan;
- Potential Health and Safety Impacts of Chemicals in Nail Products; and
- Perfluoroalkyl and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFASs) in Carpets, Rugs, Indoor Upholstered Furniture, and their Care and Treatment Products.
This webinar was the beginning of an engagement process allowing stakeholders the opportunity to provide information on these areas of interest. This information will help inform DTSC decisions regarding the next round of Priority Products. The background documents on each topic to solicit further information can be found on our CalSAFER system.
September 8, 2016 Webinar Demonstration of the OECD Substitution and Alternatives Assessment (SAAT) Toolbox
The US Environmental Protection Agency and Abt Associates demonstrated the OECD Substitution and Alternatives Assessment Toolbox (SAAT). The SAAT was designed as a comprehensive resource portal for information relevant to conducting an alternatives assessment. It’s intended for a broad range of users with varying levels of expertise in the field. Features of the OECD Alternatives Assessment Toolbox include:
- Interactive tool selector
- Inventory of alternatives assessment frameworks
- Case studies
- Regulations and restrictions
- Links to toolkits and other relevant resources