Santa Susana Field Laboratory Document Library
Document Library Search Tips
- If your search returns over 200 documents, you may narrow your search by selecting additional criteria, such as a range of publication dates or a document library category.
- If you are searching a large document group that has its own index, such as Historical Documents, try searching within the document index. To locate the document index follow the instructions below.
- Reset the search function.
- Enter “document index” into the Document Title field.
- Hit search and pick the document index you’re looking for from the list of results.
• To search for documents within a document index follow the instructions below.
Open the document index.
Press the CONTROL and F keys at the same time.
In the search field that appears enter a single word or a portion of a title in order from a document title.
• Avoid using the following words, because they will be ignored:
Single letters or numbers
Characters other than the alphabets and numbers
General words such as ‘the’, ‘this’, and ‘he’
• If the search criteria consists of only ignored words, the search will not return any results.