Trinity County CUPA
The Trinity CUPAs mission is to protect human health and the environment in Trinity county from the harmful effects of hazardous materials and hazardous waste by employing coordinated efforts of the Unified Program inspections and enforcement of environmental laws.
To provide a cleaner and healthier environment in Trinity County by; ensuring fair and consistent application of Unified Program requirements, educating the regulated community and public, and upholding the principals of Environmental Justice.
On January 1, 2005, the Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) was authorized by the California Environmental Protection Agency (Cal/EPA) as the Trinity County Certified Unified Program Agency (CUPA).
The main objective of a Unified Program is to combine and coordinate six formerly separate elements into a single agency. This makes it simpler for businesses to comply with hazardous waste regulations that protect public health, safety, and the environment. For more information on the following Unified Program, click on the following.
- Hazardous Waste Generator and Tiered Permitting Program (HWG)
Public health and environmental protection through regulation of facilities that generate, treat, and/or recycle hazardous waste
- Hazardous Materials Release Response Plans and Inventory Program (Business Plan)
Public health and environmental protection through regulation and providing public access to information about facilities that store, handle, or use hazardous materials.
- California Accidental Release Prevention (CalARP)
Prevention of hazardous material release and public safety protection through permitting and inspection of facilities storing, handling, or are using extremely hazardous materials.
- Underground Storage Tanks (UST)
Public health and environmental protection through regulation of facilities that store hazardous materials in underground storage tanks.
- Aboveground Storage Tanks (AST)
Public health and environmental protection through regulation of facilities that store hazardous materials in aboveground storage tanks.
- Trinity CUPA Fee Schedule
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
DTSC Trinity CUPA Office
8800 Cal Center Drive
Sacramento, CA 95826
Phone (916) 255-6610
Hotline (866) 348-0028
Fax (916) 255-6621
Hazardous Waste Links
- Hazardous Waste Home
- Certified Appliance Recycler (CAR) Program
- Electronic Waste (E-Waste)
- Facilities (TSDFs)
- Hazardous Waste ID Numbers
- Hazardous Waste Manifests
- Hazardous Waste Tracking System
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Land Use Restriction Sites
- Metal Recycling
- Universal Waste
- Form 1358
- California Hazardous Waste Codes
Hazardous Waste Related Links
- Annual/Biennial Reports
- Emergency Response Program
- Export-Import Standards
- Fact Sheets & Publications
- Find a Registered Hazardous Waste Transporter
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Hazardous Waste Policies & Procedures
- Hazardous Waste Project Documents
- Kettleman Hills Landfill
- Office of Criminal Investigations
- Regulatory Assistance Office
- Report an Environmental Concern
- Retail Waste