Managing Hazardous Waste

We strengthen regulations and streamline waste management

UW for Residents – E-Waste and CRTs

What are electronic devices?

Electronic devices are items such as: televisions, computer monitors and other video display devices, computers, printers, videocassette recorders (VCRs), cell phones, telephones, radios and microwave ovens. These devices often contain heavy metals like lead, cadmium, copper and chromium.

Where can I dispose of e-waste devices?

Look for a participating e-waste retailer or recycler at E-Recycle.Org.

Recycling working cell phones

Cell phones are considered hazardous waste when no longer of use (broken or not). Beginning on July 6, 2006, cell phone retailers must accept used phones.

For Additional Questions, Contact the Regulatory Assistance Office

Toll-Free in CA: 800-728-6942 or 800 72-TOXIC
Outside CA: 916-324-2439