UW for Residents – E-Waste and CRTs
What are electronic devices?
Electronic devices are items such as: televisions, computer monitors and other video display devices, computers, printers, videocassette recorders (VCRs), cell phones, telephones, radios and microwave ovens. These devices often contain heavy metals like lead, cadmium, copper and chromium.
Where can I dispose of e-waste devices?
Look for a participating e-waste retailer or recycler at E-Recycle.Org.
Recycling working cell phones
Cell phones are considered hazardous waste when no longer of use (broken or not). Beginning on July 6, 2006, cell phone retailers must accept used phones.
For Additional Questions, Contact the Regulatory Assistance Office
Toll-Free in CA: 800-728-6942 or 800 72-TOXIC
Outside CA: 916-324-2439
Universal Waste for Residents Links
Hazardous Waste Links
- Hazardous Waste Home
- Certified Appliance Recycler (CAR) Program
- Electronic Waste (E-Waste)
- Facilities (TSDFs)
- Hazardous Waste ID Numbers
- Hazardous Waste Manifests
- Hazardous Waste Tracking System
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Metal Recycling
- Universal Waste
- Form 1358
- California Hazardous Waste Codes
Hazardous Waste Related Links
- Annual/Biennial Reports
- Emergency Response Program
- Export-Import Standards
- Fact Sheets & Publications
- Find a Registered Hazardous Waste Transporter
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Hazardous Waste Policies & Procedures
- Hazardous Waste Project Documents
- Kettleman Hills Landfill
- Office of Criminal Investigations
- Regulatory Assistance Office
- Report an Environmental Concern
- Retail Waste