Update Information For A Hazardous Waste EPA ID Number
Permanent State EPA ID Number Information Update
To update the information associated with your permanent State EPA ID number, complete and submit the DTSC Form 1358 – Permanent State ID Number Application.
Change in Site Address and/or Legal Business Owner. Since permanent State EPA ID numbers are site and owner specific, if your company has moved and/or had a change in the legal business owner, you will need to apply for a new permanent State EPA ID number by completing and submitting the DTSC Form 1358. Also, complete a separate DTSC Form 1358 to inactivate the EPA ID number assigned to the former site address and/or former legal business owner.
Permanent Federal EPA ID Number Information Update
To update the information associated with your federal EPA ID number, complete and submit the US EPA Form 8700-12 – RCRA Subtitle C Site Identification Form. You have two options to submit the form. We recommend submitting the form electronically for a faster processing time.
I want to submit US EPA Form 8700-12
To submit US EPA Form 8700-12 electronically you will need to have a myRCRAid account. MyRCRAid is a module of the RCRAInfo System created by the US EPA.
I do not have a myRCRAid account.
- Create a myRCRAid account through the myRCRAInfo System by registering as an Industry User.
- After you have successfully created an account you will then be able to complete US EPA Form 8700-12 electronically.
- For more information on how to register for a myRCRAid account and instructions on completing US EPA 8700-12 electronically visit DTSC’s Using myRCRAid page.
I have a myRCRAid account.
- Login to myRCRAInfo System to complete US EPA Form 8700-12.
- For instructions on completing US EPA 8700-12 electronically visit DTSC’s Using myRCRAid page
The processing time for electronic submissions are 7-10 business days from the date DTSC verifies that your application is complete.
Download US EPA Form 8700-12. The application begins on page 113. Mail the completed application with original “wet” signatures to:
California Department of Toxic Substances Control
Attn: RCRA Notifications
P.O. Box 806
Sacramento, CA 95812-0806
The processing time for paper submissions are 10-15 business days from the date DTSC verifies that your application is complete.
Change in Site Address. Since permanent federal EPA ID numbers are site specific, if your company has moved and the location that you have moved to has a federal EPA ID number assigned to it, you will take over that federal EPA ID number by completing the US EPA Form 8700-12. If a federal EPA ID number doesn’t exist for the site location, you will proceed with applying for a new permanent federal EPA ID number by completing and submitting the US EPA Form 8700-12.
Hazardous Waste Links
- Hazardous Waste Home
- Certified Appliance Recycler (CAR) Program
- Electronic Waste (E-Waste)
- Facilities (TSDFs)
- Hazardous Waste ID Numbers
- Hazardous Waste Manifests
- Hazardous Waste Tracking System
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Land Use Restriction Sites
- Metal Recycling
- Toxics in Products
- Universal Waste
- Form 1358
- California Hazardous Waste Codes
Hazardous Waste Related Links
- Annual/Biennial Reports
- Emergency Response Program
- Export-Import Standards
- Fact Sheets & Publications
- Find a Registered Hazardous Waste Transporter
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Hazardous Waste Policies & Procedures
- Hazardous Waste Project Documents
- Kettleman Hills Landfill
- Office of Criminal Investigations
- Regulatory Assistance Office
- Report an Environmental Concern
- Retail Waste