Managing Hazardous Waste

We strengthen regulations and streamline waste management

Using myRCRAid


U.S. EPA now has an online tool called myRCRAid, a module of the RCRAInfo Industry Application, to help you get and update your site’s permanent federal EPA ID number. DTSC highly encourages you to use this online tool. You can also request access to the electronic manifest (e-Manifest) System module of RCRAInfo to view, enter, and/or sign e-Manifests at the same link you register and access myRCRAid.

Why use myRCRAid?

  1.  Cuts processing time in half! 
  2.  When updating information on your federal EPA ID number, you only need to enter the changes.
  3.  No more lost mail!
  4.  No more paper!
  5.  Did we say it cuts the processing time in half?

NOTICE: If you are a TRANSPORTER, You MUST send in a paper U.S. EPA Form 8700-12 (with an original, “wet”, signature). Please send your application to:

Department of Toxic Substances Control
Attn: HW Transporter Registration
1001 I Street MS 11-A
Sacramento, CA 95814


DTSC has provided step-by-step instructions for filling out your form. We strongly suggest you open or print these files when using myRCRAid, especially the first time:

  1.   If you are an owner or operator of a site go to the U.S. EPA’s RCRAInfo login page.
  2.   If you don’t already have an account, select “Industry User.”
  3.   Create a new account, filling in the appropriate information.
  4.   Create a user ID and password; you will be asked to submit three (3) answers to personal verification questions.
  5.   You must agree to the Terms and Conditions to continue to the next screen.
  6.   Enter your organization’s information including your work information. Click on “Send Verification Code.”
  7.   You will receive an email with the code; enter the code in RCRAInfo. Click on “Register.”
  8.   Logout. This completes your registration.

Log back into the RCRAInfo System .

  1. You can now request a new federal EPA ID number or request permission to update existing federal EPA ID number(s). Please  note: You cannot request or update a transporter federal EPA ID number using myRCRAid.
  2. You will request permissions for your site; when the request is sent, DTSC will approve or deny your request.  Please note: Only  select Site Manager if you will grant others at your site permission to view, prepare, or certify data. If you would like to be able to view, prepare, and certify data, select Certifier.
  3. You will be prompted to verify your signature electronically or by sending in a paper form.
  4. Once your signature is verified by either method, you can fill in the US EPA Form 8700-12 online and it will automatically be sent to DTSC.
  5. DTSC will review your submittal. If there are any omissions or questions, a DTSC staff member will email you.
  6. When your submission is approved, you will receive an email from the RCRAInfo team.

Do you need assistance with myRCRAid? Please contact DTSC via email at