Annual Facility Reporting Information
The 2019 Annual Facility Report is now open.
NOTE: The Annual Facility Report (AFR) must be postmarked by March 1st of every year. The report covers activities conducted the previous year. Please do not fax or email completed reports.
Software Links and Forms
California requires electronic filing of your 2019 Annual Facility Report using the RCRAInfo Biennial Report Module, unless your facility is State-Waste-Only and does not handle or produce any RCRA waste. RCRAInfo offers you a secure, quick, and convenient way to file your report. Please read the instructions prior to entering data.
State-Waste-Only facilities (no RCRA waste) will still file using the Waste Reporting System (WRS). All other form requirements are the same.
If you have any questions, please contact us at BRSStaff@dtsc.ca.gov.
Note: Annual Facility Report flat file specifications have been revised. Please use these for 2019.
Required Forms for TSDFs:
- Site Identification (SI) Form (6 pages),
- Signed certification page from completed SI Form,
- Waste Generation and Management (GM) form(s) and/or
- Waste Received from Off Site (WR) form(s),
- Form CC: Closure & Post-closure Cost Estimate and Environmental Data – Required for active permits or
- Form CO: Ceased Operating as a Permitted or Interim Status Hazardous Waste Facility (TSDF) or Unit(s) – Required for units or facilities that ceased operations.
The CC and CO forms are combined and include instructions. Please print and retain a copy of your 2019 Annual Facility Report for your records.
If you are looking for forms from prior years go to our Prior Years Annual Facility Reports page.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Who is required to file the Annual Facility Report?
A: All Treatment, Storage, or Disposal Facilities (TSDFs) are required to file the Annual Facility Report (AFR) for activities conducted in the prior year, pursuant to the California Code of Regulations, Title 22, Division 4.5:
The Department of Toxic Substances Control holds facilities that handle hazardous wastes to high standards of operation. TSDFs are required to report all RCRA and State hazardous waste activities to maintain regulatory compliance in accordance with the AFR. Failure to comply with state regulations regarding Annual Facility Reports may result in fines and penalties.
DTSC collects and maintains information via the Annual Facility Report to analyze hazardous waste management activities in the state. DTSC uses this data to identify trends in hazardous waste management and to monitor hazardous waste facilities in California.
Q: Do I include the Form CC or Form CO with my Annual Facility Report?
A: Yes. If your facility has an active permit, you must include the Form CC (Form for Closure & Post-closure Cost Estimate and Environmental Data) or Form CO (Form for facilities Operating as a Permitted or Interim State Hazardous Waste Facility [TSDF] or Unit[s]).
Q: Do I include both federal and State hazardous waste codes?
A: Yes. You must include both federal and State hazardous waste codes on your SI, GM and WR forms.
Q: Is there a fee to file the Annual Facility Report?
A: No. There are no fees required to file the Annual Facility Report, however failure to comply with State regulations regarding Annual Facility Reports may result in fines and penalties.
Submit your Annual Facility Report electronically using the RCRInfo Biennial Report module, or for State-Waste-Only facilities, the Waste Reporting System. After submitting, mail only the competed CO or CC forms to DTSC at the addresses listed below.
Please print and retain a copy for your files.
Department of Toxic Substances Control
Attn: Annual Facility Reports, MS 11-A
P.O. Box 806
Sacramento, CA 95812-0806
Department of Toxic Substances Control
Attn: Annual Facility Reports
1001 I Street, MS 11-A
Sacramento, CA 95814
Annual/Biennial Report Links
Hazardous Waste Links
- Hazardous Waste Home
- Certified Appliance Recycler (CAR) Program
- Electronic Waste (E-Waste)
- Facilities (TSDFs)
- Hazardous Waste ID Numbers
- Hazardous Waste Manifests
- Hazardous Waste Tracking System
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Land Use Restriction Sites
- Metal Recycling
- Universal Waste
- Form 1358
- California Hazardous Waste Codes
Hazardous Waste Related Links
- Annual/Biennial Reports
- Emergency Response Program
- Export-Import Standards
- Fact Sheets & Publications
- Find a Registered Hazardous Waste Transporter
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Hazardous Waste Policies & Procedures
- Hazardous Waste Project Documents
- Kettleman Hills Landfill
- Office of Criminal Investigations
- Regulatory Assistance Office
- Report an Environmental Concern
- Retail Waste